If you are an app developer, then you are almost certainly concerned about user ratings for your product. Your prospective customers can be greatly influenced by the user ratings they find on app stores. For this reason, you need to think about the best ways to deal with this important issue in your app marketing campaign. Some of the questions you need to ask yourself include: Am I going about my marketing campaign the right way? Am I utilizing sufficient steps to enhance user ratings? Understanding the dynamics of user ratings is certainly not an easy task. Since app stores are continually updated with various types of apps, user ratings are continually evolving. Thus, there is no best way to master its dynamics. Nevertheless, here are a few tricks you can use to enhance your app ratings and create a lasting impression on your potential customers.
* Deal with App Ratings and Reviews in a Timely Manner
While this is easier said than done, you should make it your policy to promptly deal with app reviews. Not responding to reviews on time can have a negative influence on your prospective customers. If you have lots of users, the most efficient thing to do is to automate the entire response process. Aside from making the process simpler, it will help increase your response rate.
If you are having trouble responding to your app users in a timely manner, you should consider using the following tools:
AppBot: this is a fantastic tool that app developers can utilize to address app ratings and reviews on time. This application helps app developers to better understand user responses. Appbot collects reviews from Amazon, Google and iOS stores in all countries of the world. Furthermore, you can easily integrate it with several user flow apps such as HipChat, Trello and Slack.
Launchkit: This fantastic product delivers app ratings and reviews to your mailbox. You can integrate it with Slack.
* Ask for Reviews in an unassuming manner
It is widely believed that most app users tend to give negative reviews. For this reason, most app developers do everything they can to get positive reviews from their customers. One big blunder that app developers commit is hitting app users with pop-up messages. While this can grab your customer’s attention instantly, these should not be annoying to your customers. The following tools can be quite beneficial.
- iRate: this tool is compatible with iOS devices. It targets regular users only and can be integrated easily.
- Appirater: This tool is compatible with both Android and iOS devices. It makes it easy for happy customers to rate your product. The pop ups for customer ratings appear only after a predetermined number of days and application launches.
Aside from the tools mentioned above, you should also take the following tips into consideration:
1. Use push notifications sparingly
2. Call to action links (for rating) should be visible to the application user
3. When planning your app development, be sure to understand the usage pattern of your app user. This way, it will be easy for you to develop an app that has no interruptions.
4. Make it possible for users to share reviews on social media, thereby helping you reach a larger market at little or no cost.
* Ensure that App Users can Reach You Easily
The user’s psychology contributes to whether the user gives you a positive or negative feedback. If the user is pleased with your product, he or she will most likely give you a 5 star rating, while dissatisfied user might opt to give you a poor rating. What you need to find out is why the discontented user decided to give you a poor rating. It can be caused by a number of reasons including failure to provide timely update. However, this mostly occurs when the user is not able to get in touch with the app developer. It has been shown that smart users will attempt to contact you before giving your app a negative review.
By utilizing the following tips, you can make it very easy for your customers to reach you:
1. Provide an exclusive medium that your app users can use to get in touch with you. This can be a special website landing page or a dedicated toll-free telephone number.
2. Create a two way online chat platform that your support staff can use to chat with your users directly. Helpshift and Konotor are fantastic platforms that can help you obtain this feature in the shortest possible time.
3. Place your contact information at the bottom of your app description. For this, you can include links to your social media outlets a support electronic mail address that your customers and utilize to get in touch with you.
* Enhance App Rating with the Aid of Net Promoter Score
You should always explore any idea that might help give you better app ratings. One strategy that can support superior ratings is utilizing NPS surveys. It is easy to integrate this tool into app messaging; also it can help you acquire valuable data which can be utilized to plan for future app marketing endeavors.
* Give your app users sufficient time to try your app
One thing you should always bear in mind as an app developer is that app users do not like interruptions. Sadly, many app developers are not aware of this fact. While it is important to obtain feedback from your app users, you also need to give them enough time to try out the app before attempting to obtain feedback from them. Presented below are some important strategies you should always adhere to.
1. Create an objective with your user in mind. One way to do this is by sending the user app review reminders when he or she has used the app for a period of time (for example one week).
2. If the rating reminder is sent immediately after the user has had a great experience with the app, the likelihood of getting positive app ratings will be higher. Shopping applications can send rating reminders after the app user acquires a discounted app. For a game app, the reminder can be sent once the user has attained a particular milestone.
3. Lastly, rather than asking complicated questions, you should consider keeping your questions simple and to the point.
* Create Tools to make Social Media Sharing Easy
When searching for app ratings and reviews, one of the best tools available to you is social media platforms. It is common knowledge that the majority of app users utilize social networking websites like Twitter and Facebook. With these social media sites, you can easily obtain app reviews directly from your followers. When your followers give your app a positive review, it will help to generate greater word of mouth exposure for your application, thereby attracting more potential users to your product.
* Set up a Blogger Outreach Campaign
In the world of information technology, your app users can be greatly influenced by an authentic blogger review. The main obstacle you might encounter is how to get in touch with established bloggers. First, you should collect pertinent data regarding the opinion shapers in your industry. After that, you should get in touch with these individuals and get them to review your product or write a post that will reach the heart of your customers.
Bearing in mind that established bloggers receive lots of emails on a daily basis, it might take special skill to write an email that will catch their attention. Be sure to use an effective strategy when crafting your email.
Also, you can submit your in the best app review sites to get reviewed.
Aside from the above mentioned tips, there are many other factors that you need to take into account to enhance your app ratings.