Most companies look for ways to save costs, ensure quality standards, simplify processes, increase scalability, and safeguard data. This is where cloud computing comes in. The Cloud Computing market has grown at a phenomenal rate as Cloud Computing has become a standard in data management, adopted by small and large companies alike. Cloud engineers have plenty of opportunities in fields such as database management, security, analysis, and development thanks to the increasing demand for cloud services
Computing in the cloud
The term refers to a way of accessing computing resources like storage, computing power, and robust software over the internet on-demand. Managing it actively is no longer necessary as it is an efficient solution. It can be customized according to the company’s needs and size. Take Google Drive, for example.
Cloud services are provided by third parties for companies’ cloud needs. There are four major providers of these services: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and Salesforce. There are three types of cloud computing: Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS).
Technical Skills for Cloud Engineers
1. You need to know Python, Ruby, Php, Java, and .NET in order to succeed in this field.
2. It is useful to learn database querying languages like MySQL and Hadoop, as well as databases platforms like Hadoop.
3. Integration of networks is a key aspect of cloud services. Thus knowledge of Cloud networking fundamentals along with virtual networks is paramount.
4. Linux, an open-source operating system, can be used to build a number of apps and web pages.
5. Different cloud service providers offer different features and services. It is important to have an understanding of their offerings.
6. Cloud architects work with web services like XML, SOAP, UDDI, and WSDL are used to tag, transfer, and describe data while APIs complete and deploy.
7. Security of data and applications is more important than ever, thus it is advisable to learn cybersecurity and earn credentials in this area.
Cloud computing is a versatile field. It is surely a field that has an exponential scope of growth. We recommend that gaining experience and attaining certain certificates to your already existing skills will surely give a strong boost to your career.